Terms & Conditions
- All class materials, concepts, harmonies & techniques used in Córus are considered our intellectual property and, as such, are owned by Córus. In attending any of our classes, workshops, performances or other event attended by Córus it is agreed that the materials, concepts, harmonies & techniques will not be used, amended, copied or passed on to any other person or group. Legal action may be taken if this agreement is found to have be breeched.
- Whilst Córus operates an inclusive policy, we reserve the right of admission in situations where we feel the protection of Córus, it’s intellectual property or it’s staff may be threatened.
- Córus operates as a business running night classes in group singing. Tuition fees are fixed and must be paid on signing up for classes. No materials will be provided until class fees have been paid in full.
- Additional materials/information/notifications will be made available via our website – whilst Córus will endeavour to keep everyone informed at class – not having internet access may mean you miss out on some of these additional resources which are provided over and above the class materials at the discretion of Córus.
Refunds and Class Closure
- In the event of a teacher falling ill before class, Córus will endeavour to provide a substitute teacher. In the event that a class has to be cancelled due to lack of a substitute or adverse weather conditions etc., Córus will try to make arrangements to run a replacement class during the remaining term/s, in some cases this may not be possible. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- Classes are subject to minimum numbers and in the case that a class fails to reach or sustain these numbers, Córus may have to shut down that class. Refunds for cancelled classes will be given in this situation.
- If a leader/teacher leaves Córus, a replacement teacher will be sourced to take over that class, refunds will not be given in this circumstance.. If no replacement teacher can be found for the class, the class will be closed. If the closure happens during a ten week term a full refund of monies owed for any cancelled classes will be made. If the closure happens at the end of a term or year, no refunds will be issued. If a member has joined and paid for a full year and their class is closed due to the lack of a replacement teacher and they are unable to attend an alternative class, a full refund of monies owed for outstanding classes will be issued.
- Refunds are solely at the discretion of the Córus directors.
- Members wishing to take part in our annual end of year concert will be required to sign up to take part and commit to additional rehearsals in the run up to the concert. A small commitment fee is required to take part in the end of year concert.
- By joining, it is agreed that photographs and film footage may be taken at classes or performances and used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to Córus.
Health & Safety
- Córus can not be held responsible for damage to persons or personal belongings before, during or after classes or performances.
- Córus classes, rehearsals and performances may involve music, movement and long periods of standing. In making an application to join a Córus class, individuals are assumed to be medically fit to attend and are advised to work to their own abilities during classes, rehearsals and performances. (By arrangement with the individual, Córus will endeavour to make suitable arrangements for those with limited mobility on an individual basis). Anyone with concerns should contact the Córus head office directly.
Code of Conduct
- Córus endeavours to create a harmonious environment both musically and atmospherically. In this respect there are certain acceptable standards of behaviour that are expected from our class members and Córus staff. Negative or disruptive behaviour will not be condoned.
- In signing up for a class individuals agree to behave in a correct and co-operative manner towards fellow class members, teachers, administration or third parties involved in any Córus activity. A breech of this code of conduct whether verbal or written will result in cancellation of registration without refund.
- Personal information provided by class members and held by Córus head office will not be passed on to third parties except with the prior consent of the owner.
Córus retains the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.